PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Seemingly Google related Black Screen of Death

mental2k
October 25th, 2014, 12:36 PM
So I upgraded my wife's old laptop from 12.04 to 14.04. So far so good! I noticed chrome was no longer working, so I decided to grab the .deb from Google's Chrome website using Firefox, black screen, I had to hard reset to get some visuals back. Thinking it was a coincidence I tried another couple of times, I got the same results. I installed Chrome from PPA and everything seemed to be fine. I avoided Chrome's website and everything else seemed to be going fine. Fast forward to today, I went on to youtube and went to watch a video. The ad loaded and played (typical) while the actually video was loading, back to black (screen).

Now something tells me Google probably aren't attacking Trusty users, so I'm assuming the issue is on my side. I'm thinking it might possibly be something to do with flash, but to be honest I'm not really sure. I've had no other issues with the upgrade. I've had a Google and I've not found anything of any great use.

The laptop is quite old, with it's Pentium Dual Core, 2G of RAM and a Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller.

Any advice most welcome.

Thanks

Alex

mental2k
October 25th, 2014, 04:03 PM
After reinstalling the intel graphics card driver it seems to have resolved itself.