PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 14.10 Login issue

belaa-maca
October 25th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Hello,

Today I update my Ubuntu 14.04 to 14.10. It was standard update release proces and new ubuntu remove some package and instal new one... But when I was restarted my computer everithing is look normal but when I enter my pass and try to login noting happends. Username and pass field just dissaper and screen is showing welcome picture.
When I try to login using console (Alt+Ctrl+F1) it's say that my pass is wrong.
When I try old kernel the same thing happends again. I also try to use safe mode but I had no luck.

Can someone give me some instructions what I need to do to solve this issue?

Vladlenin5000
October 25th, 2014, 01:11 AM
Hi, welcome.

First of all double-check your password. It can actually be wrong and the system is behaving as it should. However, there's also the possibility of you typing it right but because a) you have special characters in your password -and- b) you have a non-US keyboard layout -and- c) somehow during the upgrade it changed back to the default US keyboard layout, it'll result in a wrong password...

belaa-maca
October 25th, 2014, 06:29 AM
Hello,

I already check my keyboard layout and it's set English US keybord. Also my pass is created from letters and number. Any other guess?

belaa-maca
October 25th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Hello,

New update,
I changed my password using root@ login and now when I type it nothing happens. It just let me to again write it, but when I put wrong pass there is message that say it was wrong. I can login using console (ATL + CRTL + F1) pass is working here. But what I need to do here?
I tried to update and upgrade but still I can't login

Vladlenin5000
October 26th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Somehow the graphical UI is refusing to start. You may need to reinstall some proprietary drivers for your graphics card.

Bashing-om
October 26th, 2014, 09:46 PM
belaa-maca; Hello;

As another thought, maybe "you" have lost authorization to access your /home ?

Hello,

New update,
I changed my password using root@ login and now when I type it nothing happens. It just let me to again write it, but when I put wrong pass there is message that say it was wrong. I can login using console (ATL + CRTL + F1) pass is working here. But what I need to do here?
I tried to update and upgrade but still I can't login

What returns: (ctl+alt+F1 at the login screen )

ls -al .Xauthority
ls -al .ICEauthority
ls -al /
ls -al /home

a tale is told

belaa-maca
October 27th, 2014, 08:49 PM
When I try to execute this
ls -al .Xauthority - nothing
ls -al .ICEauthority - nothing
ls -al / - folders

Bashing-om
October 28th, 2014, 05:17 PM
belaa-maca; Yuk !

Really odd, and not the expected result.
We have these error conditions:

When I try to login using console (Alt+Ctrl+F1) it's say that my pass is wrong.
ls -al .Xauthority - nothing
ls -al .ICEauthority - nothing

Under these conditions I am not certain how to proceed .
@ Vladlenin5000; what are your thoughts on "changing the password" would that create the required .Xauthority & .ICEauthority files as opposed to 'exporting' XAUTHORITY ?

when I do not know

preparation to learn something

Vladlenin5000
October 28th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Sorry, I'm no longer here. My days is this forum are over, just logged on to tell you that.
Good luck.