PDA

View Full Version : Anybody still using crts?

JazzPotato
October 24th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Hi there,
I am a bit of a crt enthusiast and I am wondering how many other ubuntu users are into them. My current monitors:

- Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 230sb 22" (using it now)
- An old Amstrad PC-something or other, around 15"

Also just bought an awesome IBM p275 22 incher.

pqwoerituytrueiwoq
October 24th, 2014, 09:51 PM
i have a old P4 system using one, vary rarely gets used
i don't like crts, they give me headaches after a couple hours

tgalati4
October 24th, 2014, 09:57 PM
I have a nice, large Dell that I got for $50 new. It was a $480 monitor delivered to a business that went belly up. Still had the plastic wrap on the power cable. Decent, Sony-made, Trinitron. Good for photo work, excellent colors.

JazzPotato
October 24th, 2014, 10:01 PM
The ibm I have coming is actually a trinitron, I can't wait I've never used one before but apparently they're the best tubes you can get

tgalati4
October 25th, 2014, 04:11 AM
Yes they are. They have the best phosphors and best image registration. You need to spend some time tuning them. They have a lot of controls to dial in the image. Once that is done, you are good for a year or so.

mips
October 25th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Hi there,
- Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 230sb 22" (using it now)

I have a HP p1230 thats similar to that with slightly higher specs. I don't use it though, it's stashed in a closet.
http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-p1230-crt-monitor-22-series/specs/

lisati
October 25th, 2014, 07:17 AM
My TV is crt-based, too broke to update it with something newer. I've also got a crt based monitor for a Commodore 128 lurking around somewhere.

cariboo
October 25th, 2014, 04:54 PM
I finally recycled my last crt's when I moved into a smaller home at the end of September. I think there were 15 or so in the last load. I haven't used one for several years, as they just take up way to much room. I currently have 2 desktop system set up in my computer room, both running dual LED monitors.

user1397
October 25th, 2014, 05:16 PM
All LCD/LED here. Our last CRT was our old TV, but finally the image went out and we went for an LED TV. Last CRT monitor we had was probably back in 2005 or something, and I definitely don't miss em one bit.

bapoumba
October 25th, 2014, 05:31 PM
TV still is CRT, 12 years old. We do get funny colors at times, and waves. I'm patiently waiting it dies.
The CRT computer screens have been replaced a couple years ago. I got 3 used LCD screens for the family desktops for almost nothing. Desks are still as crowded as before though :)

ukripper
October 27th, 2014, 11:16 AM
CRTs generate more heat than normal LCD/LED, time to move on. I have given up my hoarding nature long time ago