PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Updating a standalone Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS station

Jean-Jacques_Rodot
October 23rd, 2014, 09:33 AM
Hello,

I' trying to install java on a standalone station with Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS installed.
1/ I can't connect this Ubuntu station on internet.
2/ For download I have a Windows XP connected to internet but with limited administration rights (can't install fancy softwares).
3/ The two machines are 200 meters away, I can't hard-link them or move them, I have to use a USB key and walk...

When I install openjdk-7-jdk it requires openjdk-7-jre which requires openjdk-7-jre-headless which requires ca-certificates-java...
=>I'm lost in an infinite chain of dependencies.

I tried to install Synaptic to list all dependencies once and for all (and hopefully generate a download script), but the synaptic_0.81.1_i386.deb I got is not complete : it requires libept1.4.12 which will surely requires something which will requires another thing...I'm back to square one.

Where can I get a full comprehensive dependencies listing/script generating tool ?

Thank you for your help.

kc1di
October 23rd, 2014, 11:04 AM
Hi Jean-Jacques_Rodot and welcome to Ubuntu,

This page (http://techedemic.com/2012/01/18/installing-java-openjre-6-on-ubuntu-server-without-internet-access/)will guide you through how to install java without an internet connection. (You'll have to download the installer with the internet connected machine but after that you can install it on the other machine.) good Luck :)