PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] (Initramfs) Unable to find a medium containing a live file system

manzar_Mehdi_Raza
October 22nd, 2014, 07:04 PM
Hey People So I really Liked Ubuntu & Now I took a Step to Install this OS to My PC ..
but When ever I try to Install...
But it always give me this error
(Initramfs) Unable to find a medium containing a live file system
Help me with this Error ASAP

ajgreeny
October 22nd, 2014, 07:41 PM
How and from where did you get the .iso file that you used to make the DVD/USB you're using?
How did you burn it to the DVD or put it onto USB?
What hardware have you got? Does it boot using BIOS or UEFI?

manzar_Mehdi_Raza
October 22nd, 2014, 08:05 PM
Thanks for Replying ... I got this File from The Ubuntu Website which was a torrent File & .iso & I am Using Deamon tools for the .iso .....
& i'm alreday running Windows 7 on this PC ..
I never Put on USB ...
I just opened it & ut said Start from boot ... & it said me to Restart so I did ... & that's how I got in this Prob..

ajgreeny
October 22nd, 2014, 09:48 PM
Thanks for Replying ... I got this File from The Ubuntu Website which was a torrent File & .iso & I am Using Deamon tools for the .iso .....
& i'm alreday running Windows 7 on this PC ..
I never Put on USB ...
I just opened it & ut said Start from boot ... & it said me to Restart so I did ... & that's how I got in this Prob..
If the .iso file was obtained using a torrent client we know that it is a good file and not corrupt.

I have no idea about Deamon Tools; I do not use Windows and it is all foreign to me, so I can not comment on that.
Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea what you mean by "I just opened it & it said Start from boot"; is that what Deamon Tools does?
Unless there is something about Deamon Tools that I do not know of, you need to either burn the .iso file to a DVD as an image or use it to make a bootable USB drive, and then boot the computer from either the DVD or USB.

manzar_Mehdi_Raza
October 23rd, 2014, 06:14 AM
By that I meanst this ...
images in link below ...
1. http://imgur.com/h20TnYM
2. http://imgur.com/GQySL58
Help Me ASAP...
Thanks!

ajgreeny
October 23rd, 2014, 03:59 PM
Well, I'm afraid I am still totally confused about what you have done to get those two images which are obviously of Ubuntu but on a Win7 OS.

When you say "I just opened it & it said Start from boot" what did you open, a burned DVD/CD, or the .iso file direct?
Have you already burned the .iso file to a DVD as an image?

manzar_Mehdi_Raza
October 24th, 2014, 07:58 PM
I meant It said me to booot as it shows in the Pictures....
plz Hel me :)

buzzingrobot
October 24th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Can you post the URL where you downloaded the install iso?

yancek
October 24th, 2014, 08:46 PM
If the Daemon Tools just burns the iso to a CD/DVD then you need to do as it says and reboot the computer with the CD/DVD in the drive. Make sure the CD/DVD drive is set to first boot priority in the BIOS. Is this software supposed to work similar to a virtual machine? Can't find much info on it but from what I saw, it doesn't seem like the tool to use.

Vladlenin5000
October 24th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Daemon Tools is just for mounting ISOs as virtual drives. It's similar to Furious (and many others) in Linux.
No, you can't use it to install. You need a either DVD or a USB pendrive.