PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Right-click menu doesn't stay on the screan

mgt2000
October 13th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Hello everybody!
Whenever I right click on something to have access to its menu, it doesn't stay there and it becomes disappear immediately and even sometimes, it chooses an item itself!!. It is almost always like that in programs like Nautilus, Nemo, Chrome, Firefox, Thunderbird, SMPlayer, VLC and so on but in programs like Eclipse or Libreoffice, etc. it is a bit better.
I already have this problem with several versions of Ubuntu. It was better before but in this version (Ubuntu 14.04) it happens almost always and it is extremely annoying.

Do you also have the same problem or do you probably have any solution for it?

Thanks

irv
October 13th, 2014, 01:07 PM
I am not sure what you have for hardware? I have a Asus laptop and if I use a standard usb mouse it seems the mouse pointer is very sensitive. so I played around with the mouse setting and that helped some. I turn my touch pad off when typing because it move the mouse around when the palms of my hands rub on it. I found an answer to my problem by switching to a blue tooth mouse. My problem went away.

mgt2000
October 13th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Thanks for your reply. It is an Acer laptop and I always use standard mouse. I checked with the keyboard right-click button and it seems that it always works fine.
I also changed the sensitivity of the mouse but it doesn't work.

mgt2000
October 13th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Thanks man! I changed the mouse and now it works perfect! Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks :p

irv
October 13th, 2014, 07:33 PM
I also found switching from a wireless to a wired mouse helped also.