PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Menu short cut - Wrong action!?

chris36
October 12th, 2014, 12:19 AM
Running M17, Mate Desktop 1.8.1. upto date. Main Menu on selecting >Places>Home Folder opens "Import from a Removable Device" screen??

This happens for >Places> Desktop as well. Unknown how this happend - so how can I fix it so it uses 'Caja' to the correct locations.

Thanks.

chris36
November 10th, 2014, 11:25 PM
bump

Still no change. :(

I can remember the options in Windoz but not here in Mint? Can anyone please help on this. Thanks.

chris36
November 22nd, 2014, 12:12 AM
Solved - after another issue, (M17 locks all controls after log in)

A 'IT' friend helped with the "Controls locked" issue and this fixed the menu shortcuts "crosslinks" somehow. As a result both isses were resolved. Unknown why or how this occured? If you have this problem then one way to solve could be to create an admin login on the login page via terminal, step 2--> change the current (hidden folders) .local and .config to--> .localold and .configold - step 3 create new new folders in the "Old Login" which has the problem and then try login again.

However... in Evolution (Evo) email, it required that the emails all had to be copied from the .localold and .configold locations... to fully retrieve them, other wise (Evo) requested a new setup by default, Goodnews Thunderbird did not and all emails were saved!

For me this fixed both issues.

Thanks "Combat Wombat"