PDA

View Full Version : Karma & salary

vasa1
October 11th, 2014, 04:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3U7hTyZQnE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q12nwCWWNiY

bashiergui
October 11th, 2014, 04:24 AM
It's impossible to miss this story in the US- Americans love sharing their outrage at asinine comments.

I'm curious how it played in other countries. Vasa, what was the buzz in Bombay?

vasa1
October 11th, 2014, 04:59 AM
... Vasa, what was the buzz in Bombay?
It's just morning here. I skimmed the papers and will read them at leisure later. I don't think it's defensible in any way.

Much of the buzz is NSFW. A somewhat bland one is this: "Evidently, he may not have factored in his own internal thought process."

irv
October 11th, 2014, 03:20 PM
The news reporting put up $$$ to say there is something like $11,000 difference between men and women's wages. This always offends me. Do they think we are stupid. This does not tell the whole story. Now I am not saying that men and women are equal on wages, but if we compare women and men in the same jobs then we would have a more accurate number. What I believe they are doing to make the gap so large is to take all women as a whole (not taking the fact that many women are in lower paid jobs then men. (the class of work). But this is slowly changing. There are many more women making more money than I did in my life time, (and some of that is because times are changing and so are wages.) All I am trying to say here is lets get the figures right.
The CEO of MS put his foot in his mouth and he is having a hard time getting it out.

buzzingrobot
October 12th, 2014, 12:20 PM
A thunderously stupid and crass thing to say by someone who, so far, had appeared to be more in touch with reality than his two predecesors.

The fact that the tech industry is widely perceived as a not-free-of-misogyny boys club just heightens the need for its leaders, like Nadella, to get a clue and start setting good examples.

tgalati4
October 12th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Does Microsoft have a Karma problem?

bashiergui
October 12th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Does Microsoft have a Karma problem?
LOL. If they didn't before perhaps they do now ;)