PDA

View Full Version : Best wireless, backlit keyboard

waloshin
October 9th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Best backlit wireless keyboard preferably bluetooth but not necessary.

1. I have been looking at the Logitech K810

2. Rapoo KX mechanical but found it a tad bit loud.

Any suggestions? Mac or Windows layout does not matter.

Thanks

QIII
October 9th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Hello!

I usually say "Best for what?" :)

I'm a fan of Logitech. I've never had a problem with them. But I can't recommend them as "the best" because that takes some comparison shopping and knowing what you need from them.

My usual advice is to avoid asking that sort of thing on a forum like this (hey, we all have our favorites, but there is an element of brand loyalty). I suggest reading a lot of unbiased reviews from sites that specialize in such things -- and discuss their testing methods.

waloshin
October 9th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Hello!

I usually say "Best for what?" :)

I'm a fan of Logitech. I've never had a problem with them. But I can't recommend them as "the best" because that takes some comparison shopping and knowing what you need from them.

My usual advice is to avoid asking that sort of thing on a forum like this (hey, we all have our favorites, but there is an element of brand loyalty). I suggest reading a lot of unbiased reviews from sites that specialize in such things -- and discuss their testing methods.

Thanks :-) I am looking for a keyboard with a good backlight,thats wireless but comfortable.

ThatBum
October 9th, 2014, 11:18 AM
I would have thought that "wireless" and "backlight" would be mutually exclusive, seeing as the backlight would eat through battery life. Hence why I haven't really heard of any. But, if it's what you need for your application, you have little choice.

You should get the mechanical one, as I have a mechanical keyboard and it's a pleasure to type on. It's not that loud once you train your hands not to hammer they keys, unless you have MX Blue switches which have intentional noise-making ratchet things in them.