PDA

View Full Version : New

approveme
October 6th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Hi Friends,

My name is John and I have just become a part of this wonderful forum.

T.J.
October 6th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Welcome. I hope you find the forums useful.

grahammechanical
October 6th, 2014, 01:23 PM
There is something that you should know. We have sections of this forum where users can ask for help from other users. And we have a section called Cafe where we might introduce ourselves and talk about other stuff. You are posting in the wrong section of the forum. Ok, so you are new to Ubuntu but you are not asking for support. Are you?

Have you read the Forum code of conduct? It is similar to the Ubuntu Code of Conduct which we should also read.

http://ubuntuforums.org/misc.php?do=showrules

http://www.ubuntu.com/about/about-ubuntu/conduct

Welcome and Regards.

oldos2er
October 6th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Not a support request; moved to Cafe.

stalkingwolf
October 7th, 2014, 03:46 PM
This is a great place to find tutorials for beginners and much more. http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/

irv
October 7th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Hi Friends,

My name is John and I have just become a part of this wonderful forum.

I can remember when I join the forum. It seem like yesterday but it been almost 9 years ago.
I found it helpful to fill out the profile. This will sometimes help those who are giving help. Also it is good to let everyone know what distro you are running and the version. You will also find that if you are running other OS, some help is also available here. Are you new to Linux in general? or have you used it before? Are you running more then one OS? What OS have you run in the past? These are all good question to answer when looking for help, and mark my word you will be asking and that's good. That is why we are all out here.
Welcome aboard.

stalkingwolf
October 8th, 2014, 01:46 PM
you will also find that many solutions work across the entire family of releases. DE's can present a challenge, I use the Mate DE with the old apps places system menu . So my way of finding things is based on that so will be different than say unity or xfce. But a constant is the terminal.

matt_symes
October 8th, 2014, 02:11 PM
you will also find that many solutions work across the entire family of releases. DE's can present a challenge, I use the Mate DE with the old apps places system menu . So my way of finding things is based on that so will be different than say unity or xfce. But a constant is the terminal.

This is a good point and why i generally try to help using terminal commands so don't be worried about using the terminal.

You can usually copy and paste commands from this forum into the terminal and execute them. Conversely, you can copy and paste results from the terminal into your posts on this forum.

You want to be careful in general when running commands in the terminal that you see on a website if you don't understand what the commands do. However, this forum is very good and malicious commands are generally not posted here and they are stamped upon on the very, very rare occasions they are.

If in doubt, ask for a second opinion.

... and welcome :)

Linuxratty
October 8th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Welcome aboard.

approveme
October 9th, 2014, 08:50 AM
This is a great place to find tutorials for beginners and much more. http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/

You are right stalkingwolf, this is really great place find tutorials information's

approveme
October 9th, 2014, 08:52 AM
I can remember when I join the forum. It seem like yesterday but it been almost 9 years ago.
I found it helpful to fill out the profile. This will sometimes help those who are giving help. Also it is good to let everyone know what distro you are running and the version. You will also find that if you are running other OS, some help is also available here. Are you new to Linux in general? or have you used it before? Are you running more then one OS? What OS have you run in the past? These are all good question to answer when looking for help, and mark my word you will be asking and that's good. That is why we are all out here.
Welcome aboard.

Thanks for information ...

kc1di
October 9th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Hi John Welcome to Ubuntu Forums - Enjoy :)