PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Language support: minor problem with date and time widget

Liamdale
October 3rd, 2014, 04:21 PM
Hi;

I've been on ubuntu (dual boot Linux/Windows) since spring. One of the perks of Ubuntu is language support. I work both in french and english and with windows I had to choose (french or English).
When I work in french I just change the language to french and go to work, same with english. Most of the software adjusts automatically. Great.

My minor problem: The date in the top title bar does not adjust with the change of language. It is always in french. Mind you it is not a hassle for me but I'm just curious why. The only real way I know is that I like the day displayed and it's always in french. At this writing the time & date displays " ven 3 oct 11:11 " (ven is short for vendredi - friday)

I've checked the system setting dialog for time and date and I can't see any way of correcting the problem.

Liamdale

Vladlenin5000
October 3rd, 2014, 04:50 PM
You looked in the wrong place.
Go to language support and click in the second tab, something like regional settings or formats. Mine, which is in Portuguese, shows "Formatos Regionais". That's where you should change the system language affecting dates, currency, etc.

Liamdale
October 4th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Thanks Vladlenin5000;

I never noticed the tab. Works fine. Problem solved.

Vladlenin5000
October 4th, 2014, 04:34 PM
I'm glad you found a solution and a simple one.

Please use the thread tools to mark this one as solved so others can benefit.

Liamdale
October 4th, 2014, 04:54 PM
I have used the thread tools to mark this thread as solved