PDA

View Full Version : Dell Inspiron i3647 frustrating issues with Ubuntu

murtaza2
September 29th, 2014, 07:20 PM
I recently bought a Dell Inspiron i3647 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K0HMR8G) to run as my HTPC. It came with windows 8.1, since my previous HTPC was Ubuntu and I really liked its low foot print I decided to replace windows with Ubuntu 14.04.1.

Installation goes through fine but after install the bluetooth adapter is not recognized and my MCE remote does not get recognize. Both items have been tested and working correctly in Windows 8.1. MCE remote has been tested and working on another Ubuntu 14.04 machine.

I have already followed through on all solutions for the bluetooth by installing the dell drivers, latest BIOS etc. Interestingly it works sometimes and sometimes it does. Just need to keep rebooting until it recognizes the bluetooth adapter.

In regards to the MCE remote, i install LIRC setup the remote and receiver with the exact same settings as on the working system. The irw test does not recognize any keypresses. I have compared all the LIRC hardware conf and configd.conf settings and they match exactly with a laptop running Ubuntu 14.04.

Does anyone have experience with this system and what other solutions I can try? Dell tells me hardware is supported by Ubuntu and on Ubuntu's site this system is listed as supported on 12.04 but I am facing the sames issues on both 12.04 and 14.04.

Please help! I am about to give up on Ubuntu for good.

Ken