PDA

View Full Version : Lost Trash Icon in panel

bigbankclub
September 28th, 2014, 04:42 AM
How do I restore the trash icon in the panel - I removed it from the lower right panel by the clock. Using lubuntu 14.04 64 bit

Dennis N
September 28th, 2014, 03:40 PM
I have never seen a trash can icon on the Lubuntu panel, so I am wondering how it was added there? The panel is populated with applets (plugins) and as far as I can tell, there is no trash applet available in Lubuntu 14.04 (Right Click on Panel > Add/Remove Panel Items > Panel Applets Tab > Add Button). Could you explain how you got it there in the first place? I may have missed something and I would like to know.

You can have a trash icon on the Desktop: Desktop Preferences > Desktop Icons > (Check) Show "Trash Can" Folder...

bigbankclub
September 29th, 2014, 03:40 PM
By the default install there is a trash can in the lower right panel. I added one to the desktop; but no option to restore that panel or add it back per the options available. I must be missing something.

Dennis N
September 29th, 2014, 04:30 PM
By the default install there is a trash can in the lower right panel.
Well, I've been using Lubuntu since 11.04, and never seen one on the panel. I just did a fresh install of Lubuntu 14.04.1 two days ago on and there is definitely no trash icon on the panel. Yours had to be acquired by some other means - maybe you are using LXDE desktop? It's not the same as genuine Lubuntu.

bigbankclub
September 29th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Time for me to walk the plank! http://lxle.net/about/ This is what I have OMG -- I missed the boat on the actual name - SO SORRY :( --- This is some remix of Lubuntu & Ubuntu

Dennis N
September 29th, 2014, 04:48 PM
No problem. I figured it had to be something like that.