PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Dell Latitude D630 + Coloured Vertical Lines + Xubuntu 12.04

ihelpyou59
September 13th, 2014, 04:42 AM
Hey everyone...

As the title suggests, I have a Dell Latitude D630 running Xubuntu 12.04 and when i turn it on, the built in screen has colored vertical colored lines spanning the entire height and width of the screen. If I connect an external display I get the same issue of the colored vertical lines across the screen, but am able to boot into Xubuntu which will automatically boot into a CLI mode or if timed right, i can get it to boot into the GUI using grub. It has a the Nvdia Quadro NVS 135M 128MB. I had seen posts as to there being issues with this model laptop and graphics card and found mainly 2 ways of fixing this issue 1) upgrading the system's bios, and 2) baking the mother board in the oven for approximately 10 minutes which should atleast be a temp fix on the graphics card.

So far, I went with a method of upgrading the bios using Wine by way of Terminal and so far, nothing has changed. Can anyone suggest anything to correct this issue?

Oh and when the computer boots up, most of the screen is littered with garbled text except for the initial grub menu and the graphical login menu on forward

Tai