PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 14.04 doesn't want to install [error?]

Jose_B
September 9th, 2014, 02:23 AM
Hello I'm new to linux and I'm having an issue which I felt would be great to bring here. So I just got a new pc, a dell latitude e6410, it had no hard drive so I bought a 1TB hdd to install it. So I plugged in a usb with the boot and tries to install it and got an error. As of writing this I can't copy the error for your analysis but as soon as I can I will. I also put it into "try" mode and tried to install it that way. I tried to install it via something else. I haven't tried to get a boot disk but I wouldn't know how useful that would be. If this has happened to anyone else or if someone has a solution please help me.

yancek
September 9th, 2014, 02:34 AM
What are you trying to install, Ubuntu 14.04? How did you put the Ubuntu iso on the flash drive? You can't just copy it. There is different software available to do that such as unetbootin or pendrivelinux which would create a bootable flash. If you don't have anything else (any other operating system) on the drive, you could select erase disk as an option as long as that is the only hard drive. Otherwise, you would need to make sure you get the correct drive. Also, posting the error would be a good idea.