PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] second screen and mythtv-frontend : top panel

martin90
September 8th, 2014, 06:28 PM
My computer is plugged to a 23" monitor in DVI and is next to my 37" HDTV set in HDMI, using an Asus EAH4350 video card (PCIEx16). The launcher is set for only the monitor. I re-installed Ubuntu 14.04 from scratch a few days ago, with default settings.

Obviously, I'm using my monitor during the day for, well, almost everything computer-related, then at night, I turn on the TV and I installed mythtv-frontend. It is setup to display on "monitor 1" (aka, the TV).

Problem is, everytime I open myth-frontend, it is offset by the top panel. I have to Exit, click in an empty space on the TV monitor and click on the MythTV icon (locked from the Launcher) and hope it gets full screen. If not, Exit, rinse and repeat until it does. Gawd, it feels like Windows XP all over again...

Is there a way around this ?
I would like to either remove the Top Panel from the HDTV set output, or find a setting that will ALWAYS allow applications to go full screen, hiding the top panel.

Beyond mythtv-frontend, I could go to Youtube, move the browser window to the TV set, and go full screen. I don't need to see the clock and sound volume there....

I'm still a novice in the Linux world, but I can run a few lines from the Terminal if necessary.