PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Video stutter after upgrade from 12.04 to 14.04

dale7
September 8th, 2014, 01:40 PM
I upgraded my HTPC from 12.04 to 14.04 and now am experiencing a video stutter issue while watching a movie on XBMC.

I was using XBMC version 13.2 on Precise, and all worked well. Upgrading to Trusty Tahr gave me an occasional stutter, usually when I first start the movie, and then every few minutes.

I am running an AMD eight core processor, with Nvidia GT550 Ti video card. Currently the video card driver is version 331.38. During my efforts to solve this issue, I updated the driver all the way to 340.32 with the same results.

I have reinstalled a fresh copy of Trusty, new drivers, new XBMC - same results. Everything is set on default in XBMC, no addons other than those that come with XBMC are installed. VAAPI is turned off.

I have installed Helix (version 14.0) of XBMC - no effect. The XBMC forum seems to believe that this is a kernel issue. I reinstalled Precise, and the problem went away using 13.2 XBMC and the 331.38 drivers. Re-upgrading to Trusty has brought the problem back. I even removed Pulseaudio in favor of ALSA with no effect.

I would appreciate all help. I am a basic level user, not afraid of trying things, but not overly experienced.