PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgraded, now software doesn't work.

glennbates
September 8th, 2014, 01:32 AM
I just upgraded to the latest version of Ubuntu. I use bluefish a lot. It still shows that it is installed but it is not working. I "unstalled" it ant then re"installed" it and it still isn't working. What could be wrong? How do I fix this problem?

Vladlenin5000
September 8th, 2014, 02:10 AM
What exactly isn't working?

glennbates
September 8th, 2014, 02:40 AM
What exactly isn't working?

Nothing will. It will not even run. When I click the icon, it acts like it is going to open but then after about 15 to 20 seconds, it quits brightening and dimming and does nothing.

ruze
September 8th, 2014, 02:45 AM
Did you purge the package and reinstall it?

sudo apt-get purge bluefish

Vladlenin5000
September 8th, 2014, 02:45 AM
Try running it in the terminal where some error messages will - hopefully - popup. Those errors may or may not give a clue about it.

(EDIT: After purging it following the previous advice and only IF that doesn't change the symptom).

glennbates
September 8th, 2014, 02:48 AM
Try running it in the terminal where some error messages will - hopefully - popup. Those errors may or may not give a clue about it.

(EDIT: After purging it following the previous advice and only IF that doesn't change the symptom).

How?

glennbates
September 9th, 2014, 01:35 AM

How do I run it from the terminal?

ian-weisser
September 9th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Open a terminal

Type 'bluefish' and hit <ENTER>

Copy-and-paste any terminal output here.

Warning: If bluefish opens, it will be a child process of the terminal. Closing the terminal window will kill bluefish instantly without saving your work.

glennbates
September 10th, 2014, 02:20 AM
Open a terminal

Type 'bluefish' and hit <ENTER>

Copy-and-paste any terminal output here.

Warning: If bluefish opens, it will be a child process of the terminal. Closing the terminal window will kill bluefish instantly without saving your work.

This is what it says:

(bluefish:11058): GLib-ERROR **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.40.0/./glib/gmem.c:103: failed to allocate 18446744073683433938 bytes
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

glennbates
September 10th, 2014, 11:04 PM
So, what do I do now?

glennbates
September 12th, 2014, 11:19 PM
Any suggestions?

glennbates
September 14th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Not sure what happened to my image on here.