PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Lockscreen not suspending computer.

depressedeevee
September 7th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Hey, guys.

I'm not sure whether this is a feature or a bug, but I have a problem.

My computer is pretty used and bruised, long story short my battery can only hold a 7% capacity, so I always keep my charger in. My charger has some loose/broken wiring in it, so it's easy for it to get knocked out a little bit and not charge my computer. When that happens, Ubuntu literally says that my computer, at 100% charge, has 10 minutes left before it shuts down.

None of what I said above is a problem to me, I always keep my charger in and run my power off of that.

A feature that I love with most Linux distros is that when my power goes down to about 20% or so, it can go into hibernation mode so that it doesn't completely run out of juice. I like this because I take daily naps, and sometimes when I come back an hour later it turns out my charger was knocked out and I now have to reboot my system and re-work on everything that I may have lost.

Now, for the actual problem. When I lock my screen computer, it does not suspend to ram like normal. It does this normally when my computer is not locked, but when it is locked it stays on the locked screen even when my computer is just about to die.

Is there any way to enable my computer to suspend the system to ram even on the lock screen?