PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] no fstab

Thomas_E._Haynes
September 6th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Greetings...

I had a user count before, but this is my first time to log in with the Ubuntu One login.

I have a fresh install of 14.04 LTS on a Chromebook. I have upgraded this with an SSD, and I wanted to adjust a few of the settings in fstab for the SSD.

# UNCONFIGURED FSTAB FOR BASE SYSTEM

is all I have in /etc/fstab

Thanks... Tom

Vladlenin5000
September 6th, 2014, 06:20 PM
I have a fresh install of 14.04 LTS on a Chromebook.

Depending on how you installed it it may not have the same elements one would expect in a normal installation.

Thomas_E._Haynes
September 6th, 2014, 09:17 PM
I think it was a standard network install via a script at Chrubuntu. Initial searches on the web seemed to indicate other folks were getting the same empty fstab, and it was not just a Chrubuntu thing.

My last install was 12.04 LTS, and it had a standard fstab.

sisco311
September 7th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Greetings...

I had a user count before, but this is my first time to log in with the Ubuntu One login.

Please check out: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2230004
If you want to get access to your old account, then start a thread in the Resolution Centre (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=123).

I have a fresh install of 14.04 LTS on a Chromebook. I have upgraded this with an SSD, and I wanted to adjust a few of the settings in fstab for the SSD.

# UNCONFIGURED FSTAB FOR BASE SYSTEM

is all I have in /etc/fstab

Thanks... Tom

Not sure what is your question? Do you need help with adding an fstab entry for the partition(s) on the SSD?

Upstart's mountall daemon uses both /etc/fstab and its own fstab file /lib/init/fstab to mount your filesystems during boot.

/lib/init/fstab contains the filesystems that are always mounted on boot, like root `/' and the virtual filesystems. But you can still use /etc/fstab to override the entries from /lib/init/fstab or add your own ones.

Thomas_E._Haynes
September 7th, 2014, 11:34 PM
I would like to have an fstab file I can edit. I will take a look at /lib/init/fstab to see if I can copy contents to /etc/fstab...