PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] deleting and moving panel launchers

merlinus
September 5th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Installed 14.04 on a verix2 laptop, but since I do not have a super (windows key), cannot move or delete (or create new) launchers in the top panel. Is possible to use a different key combination (or edit a file) to do this?

grahammechanical
September 5th, 2014, 02:23 PM
In Ubuntu 14.04 + Unity we do not add or remove launchers from the top panel. Certain applications will provide an indicator that will be put in the top panel.

System Settings>Keyboard lets us customize short cut keys. And this wiki page shows how to create a desktop launcher in Ubuntu 14.04.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UnityLaunchersAndDesktopFiles

If you are using Gnome Flashback (Compiz) then you can install Compiz Configuration Settings Manager and also Compiz Plugins to make modifications.

If you are using Gnome Flashback (Metacity) then I can offer no advice or instruction. I have Gnome flashback installed but I do not use it exept as a fall back UI if Compiz gets broken.

Regards.

merlinus
September 5th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the reply. I am using Gnome Flashback (Compiz) and have installed Compiz Configuration Manager, but cannot find anything in there relative to adding/deleting top-panel launchers. Can you please point me in the right direction?