PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] calendar

jgw
September 4th, 2014, 11:10 PM
I am trying to find a calendar/scheduler to keep track of appointments. I am failing. I have installed two of these; evolution calendar and red notebook. The evolution thing was installed but did nothing (I even rebooted to make sure) and the other is not quite what I am looking for. All I need is a simple appointment scheduler. I need to be reminded, for instance, that every other week I must put the garbage out. Then there are doctor appointments too. I do not seem to be able to find something that will do that for me although I am absolutely sure such is available and I am just missing it.

Thank you...............

Enigma12
September 5th, 2014, 02:37 AM
You might want to look into Osmo. I installed it in hopes of having in Lubuntu something similar to AnyTime Deluxe that I use in Windows. I haven't yet had the time to really explore Osmo, but I did read that it can handle recurring events, as well as one-time ones. It also has contacts, tasks, and notes tabs that I also haven't yet really explored.

I got my copy from the repository.

deadflowr
September 5th, 2014, 06:42 AM
I know Ubuntu comes with evolution's data-server, for which the panel calendar is a part of.
I also know that a full-on install of evolution makes far better and actual use of said calendar than Ubuntu's default does.

jgw
September 5th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the responses!

I just remembered that Firefox has a reminder that does exactly what I want to do (mind slipping) so I installed that. Does everything I need.