PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How can I remove widgets from the panel in Kubuntu 14.04?

Mike_Walsh
September 1st, 2014, 12:20 AM
Evening, all.

Along with a bunch of other 'buntu distros, I'm running Kubuntu 14.04. My goodness, the Plasma Desktop is a different beast to any of the others!

I've accidentally added about 4 weather indicators to the bottom panel, when I only wanted 1. How do I go about removing the extras? Try as I might, I can only find options for adding further widgets.....not for removing existing ones.

Can anybody help, please?

Regards,

Mike.

xc3RnbFO8P
September 1st, 2014, 12:34 AM
Right click on the panel
unlock widgets
panel option > panel settings, then mouse over that you want to remove.

PS. check task manager settings if want to remove Skype or Google Chrome icon from your taskmanager

Mike_Walsh
September 1st, 2014, 01:07 AM
Hello, Ringi.

Cheers, mate; you're a real lifesaver..!

I think old age is playing havoc with my short-term memory. My 'buntu distros have all been installed for about 3 months now, and I haven't spent very much time with Kubuntu; been spending more of it getting Xubuntu just how I want it, and setting things up in Ubuntu & Lubuntu. I do vaguely recall finding the option for re-positioning things in the panel when I first installed it ( which I'd forgotten!); as you say,'Panel Options>Panel Settings', etc.....but I didn't know about the removal option in that mode as well...!

Appreciated, my friend. Thank you very much; I can see I've still got quite a bit to learn about KDE!

Regards,

Mike.