PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to Lubuntu 14.04 - Now Login is Broken

redbikemaster
August 27th, 2014, 04:10 AM
I recently upgraded from Lubuntu 12.10 to 13.10 using

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

After this, the login screen wouldn't come up. It would flash the background and the mouse, then the screen would go black and stay black. After searching for hours, I decided to try upgrading again to 14.04 to see if that would fix it. It didn't.

I used

sudo apt-get do-release-upgrade

To upgrade to 14.04. I get a login screen now, but if I try to login, the screen tears then freezes. The mouse is the only thing working. I can switch to another runtime, however.

Please help, as I need this laptop for school tomorrow morning for my web development class! My only other option is to use my Samsung Galaxy to program, which isn't fun at all.

redbikemaster
August 27th, 2014, 04:15 AM
My stupid, idiotic phone somehow allowed me to post a blank thread twice. I recently upgraded from Lubuntu 12.10 to 13.10 using

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

After this, the login screen wouldn't come up. It would flash the background and the mouse, then the screen would go black and stay black. After searching for hours, I decided to try upgrading again to 14.04 to see if that would fix it. It didn't.

I used

sudo apt-get do-release-upgrade

To upgrade to 14.04. I get a login screen now, but if I try to login, the screen tears then freezes. The mouse is the only thing working. I can switch to another runtime, however.

Please help, as I need this laptop for school tomorrow morning for my web development class! My only other option is to use my Samsung Galaxy to program, which isn't fun at all.

lisati
August 27th, 2014, 04:29 AM
The forum is in a busy mood at the moment, the staff have noticed.
Duplicate of http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2241550 closed before I saw your extra info.