PDA

View Full Version : Software Feasiblity Discussion

anachronism2
August 26th, 2014, 04:52 PM
This is driving me nuts. I'd like to find a place where I can post a software idea I had, and then either get some good feedback for what it would need to make it work, or get laughed at so hard that I realize it would never work right.

I did some Google searches (yeah, I know) for terms like "software forums" and "software feasiblity", but all I kept getting back were boards sponsored by specific companies and forums about forum software and myBB dev.

Thoughts?

TheFu
August 26th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Feel free to post it here - I need a good laugh. ;)

Pulling requirements from non-technical people is too hard for me. Not enjoyable at all.

Oh ... and the problem is that I have 500 software ideas in my head for things I could build, make money, enjoy, so why would I waste time on your ideas instead? What is the incentive beyond a good laugh?

Just this week got a PM from someone wanting me to help write an OS - clearly they had no clue what is involved with that. After all, it seems so easy.

dgriffiths
September 4th, 2014, 05:41 AM
This actually would be a pretty cool idea... either as a long-running thread here, or as a literal stand-alone forum or similar.

bashiergui
September 6th, 2014, 10:34 PM
This is driving me nuts. I'd like to find a place where I can post a software idea I had, and then either get some good feedback for what it would need to make it work, or get laughed at so hard that I realize it would never work right.Feel free to post your ideas here. I'd be willing to laugh at the bad ones, and I'll steal the good ones ;)

Steve_Guy
September 8th, 2014, 07:16 AM
an idea is one thing....the expression of an idea is something else entirely