PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 14.04.1, clean installation: Kernel panic

CRXDelSol
August 26th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Hello,

Yesterday I updated my HTPC from 12.04 to 14.04.1 after Ubuntu served me the upgrade with an popup.
After this, everything worked, desktop showed up, etc.
Then I started XBMC, I got a kernel panic message on screen.

Some people suggested me to do a clean install of 14.04.1, so I did yesterday late at night.
Everything set up, mysql up and running, installed XBMC. Then I started XBMC, after a few seconds, again the kernel panic showed up ..

Can anyone tell what this means so I can fix it before I have to go back to 12.04 which actually did work:

[Picture of the message on my TV here (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7528392/Foto%2026-08-14%2008%2006%2039.jpg)]

I hope it can be fixed without having to reinstall again and to just hope it works ..

Douglas_Crooke
September 7th, 2014, 09:47 PM
FWIW, I started getting similar error after a recent software update, getting the same final line on the text console. I don't have XBMC installed, and as far as I can tell the kernel panic is random.

Vladlenin5000
September 8th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Hi, welcome to both of you.

Regarding the issue/issues it would be easier if we had the full specs of the machines, namely the graphics card/chip, as I suspect it has something to do with the graphics driver.