PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] indicator-applet-complete deleted - how to bring it back?

dieter-erich
August 23rd, 2014, 10:02 AM
Hi,
Ubuntu 14.04, Gnome_Fashback: I accidentially deleted the indicator-applet-complete when trying to remove another applet in the task bar. When logging in as another user everything is as it should be. What do I have to do to make this applet re-appear on my task bar?
Thanks, D-E

ibjsb4
August 23rd, 2014, 12:45 PM
Alt + right click

Add to panel

And choose indicator applet

Atleast it should be that easy :)

dieter-erich
August 24th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Thanks (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1729120) ibjsb4!
Unfortunately it is not. First, it is the win + alt + right mouse button one has to press to bring up the task bar menu and second there is no such entry like 'indicator-applet-complete' in the list of applets one can chose of. Third, I located several files with names related to 'indicator-applet-complete' on my disk but regardless of which I entered manually it was not accepted. There must be a special procedure that runs on startup to bring this applet on the taskbar!
Any suggestions welcome!
D-E

dieter-erich
August 24th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Solved (almost): Since I did not find any entry like 'indicator-applet-complete' or anything similar I tried 'Vollständige Benachrichtigungsanzeige' and that was it! Except from the icon allowing for login/logout, shutdown, restart, etc. everything is back now. I now replaced this with the red icon that at least lets me shut down and restarte although the other options are not included