PDA

View Full Version : uncompression error System halted

jadopadobhimbhadako
August 23rd, 2014, 12:51 AM
Hi,

I have a desktop with a 2.80 ghz dual core processor and 3 gigabytes of ram. I partitioned my harddrive into ~ 45 gigabytes and 30 gigabytes. I put windows 7 on the 45 gig partition and tried to put Trisquel 6.0 on the 30 gig partition. I installed Trisquel on a usb drive a while ago and was able to boot from it before. I actually was able to install trisquel on this computer before I had windows on it. This time I booted from the usb, chose install trisquel to hdd, and selected the 30 gig partition, with "ext4" and "/". It installed on the partition but when I try to boot it, I get "Uncompression error System halted". I'm actually getting the Trisquel boot screen which lets me choose between windows and trisquel. Windows works fine but when I choose trisquel, I get the error. I tried to reboot from the usb drive so I could reinstall it, but if I try, I get the same error. I chose "install to hdd". The "Try trisquel from USB drive" option didn't work either. I tried to choose "Test memory" but nothing happened. I didn't include swap space when I installed and I wasn't connected to the internet. What happened? I thought that 3 gigabytes is enough for that. How do I solve this?

"Trisquel is a GNU/Linux distribution based on Ubuntu LTS and recognised by the FSF (Free Software Foundation). It reuses Ubuntu packages and avoids using non-free packages. Thus, it uses the linux-libre kernel (like Parabola GNU/Linux). A new version development begins just after an Ubuntu LTS release. You have to wait about six months for the corresponding Trisquel version to be released."

Thanks for your help.