PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Won't Install from Disk

deborah4
August 22nd, 2014, 09:52 PM
I'm currently using Linux Lite and wanted to try Ubuntu on my Toshiba netbook. I downloaded the 32 bit version of Ubuntu and burned a disk image of the download ISO file. I made sure that my system was set to boot from disk, but the install didn't occure upon retatrting my netbook. Instead it just started loading my current OS (Linux Lite).

My netbook's specs are as follows...Intel Atom N280 (1.66 GHz), 2GB DDR2 RAM, 150 GB Hard Drive.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!

grahammechanical
August 22nd, 2014, 10:36 PM
To be clear about what you did and what did not happen. You created a Ubuntu live session DVD disc but when you tried to boot from it the machine loaded the existing OS (Linux Lite). Is that correct? Was there any error message that would indicate a fault with the disc? If not then check the BIOS boot options again. Of course, you did burn or write the ISO image to the DVD and not simply copy the ISO as a data file.

Regards.

deborah4
August 22nd, 2014, 11:48 PM
Thanks for your reply.

Your recap of what I did is correct. There were no error messages - the disk just wouldn't boot when I restarted my computer. I did recheck the bios and everything was correct there. And yes, I did burn an ISO image.

I basically followed the same proceedure I used when I installed Linux Lite last week, but for some reason these steps aren't working for Ubuntu.