PDA

View Full Version : Chromebook and Chromebook 2

irv
August 21st, 2014, 08:44 PM
Now that the new Chromebook 2 is out, and seeing my wife loved the first Chromebook I got for her back in 2012, I ordered her a new one. The one I got her was the 11”, but I ended up sending it back and got her the 13” because it had 1940X1080 HD screen and just a slightly faster Samsung Exynos 5 Octa 5800 2.1 GHz Processor (2 MB Cache). The one in the 11” was 1.9GHz. It should be here tomorrow.
I was wondering how others felt about the Chromebook and the way they do cloud computing. My personal feeling are positive about this. It just makes thing so simple for most average computer users, like my wife. But I find myself spending most of my day on the Internet and that’s where the Chromebook shines, I think this is the way to go.

Right now I am in a coffee shop on my wife’s old Chromebook and it just works, and works fast also.

What are your thoughts on these little laptops? From the market point of view, they are going up in sales, and the talk is that they will jump from 2% market share to about 8% this coming year. I think the reason for this is because of all the good Google Chrome apps. Once like pixlr, google docs and many others. And the fact that the hardware is so solid. Runs quite, cool and the battery last a long time. The new ones went from 6 hours to 8.5 on the new 13" Chromebook and 8 on the 11".

I told my wife that when her new Chromebook 2 comes tomorrow, I was going to sell her old one for a hundred bucks, but she said she wanted me to keep it. I think she likes it so much she doesn't want to part with it.

RichardET
August 21st, 2014, 09:08 PM
I am interested in them; especially the new one from Acer. It uses a Tegra K1 processor.

irv
August 21st, 2014, 09:31 PM
From what I have been reading I like what they were saying about the Samsung. This was the first one I got my wife and like I said she loved it.
Now I wrote a review on the New Chromebook 2, 11" and I only gave it 3 starts for some video issues. Here is a link.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Chromebook-11-6-Inch-Jet-Black/product-reviews/B00J49ZH6K/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R1I2OFDWY5GQ3G

I am hoping the 13" will fix the problem. It is possible it could have been a hardware issue. Read review.