PDA

View Full Version : Fresh 14.04 LTS Install with Classic Menu Indicator

tobiz
August 19th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Installed 14.04 via USB (on a new clean, no Windows machine), then Classic Menu from Ubuntu SWC (plus a whole bunch of other stuff to bring it up to my trusty 10.04 system). Seemed ok at first but then on reboot:
1) selected screen size reverts to 1920×1080 after being set to 1680x1050, I’m using a TV at the moment but this size pushes stuff off the edges, smaller size fits;
2) the “Classic” Menu Indicator is now at the bottom right hand corner and not the top RH corner plus it’s “auto-hide”, ie you have to move mouse down to bottom edge to expose Classic Button to select anything from a menu. How do you fix these issues to make it behave?

tobiz
August 20th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Ok, I've sort of solved this. I've given up on Unity or Gnome Classic and converted to Kubuntu, for me it offers nearest to the the UI I'd prefer. It must be many many years since I gave up on mandriva/KDE and installed ubuntu/gnome (may be 14 or more), which at the time seemed a great step forward, now KDE seems to offer me what I want, even then it will take some getting used to but not as much as Unity and/or Gnome Classic (or anything else for that matter). BTW, oh joy, KDE even keeps the screen size I've set - wonderful!