PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] all video downloader

harlie
August 18th, 2014, 12:20 AM
I installed allvideodownloader 2.6.0-Oubuntu1 from the software center. I does not work on my ubuntu14.04 and I can not remove it. I went to installed software and it was shown there I clicked on remove and indication was that it was removed but it is still there and can be acessed from aplications menu. I tried ti use find and it is not found I tried rm and it says the file is not found. I want to get rid of this and find some other way to cpture videos from the net. How can I remove this?

thanks for any help
harlie

bizhat
August 18th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Try log off/login, it may be some cache in unity dash.

harlie
August 18th, 2014, 09:02 PM
I have done this no improvement

michal-klekowicki
September 3rd, 2014, 02:56 AM
I had the same problem with this strange and very annoying app.

Install "Synaptic Package Manager" and search for "AllVideoDownloader". There will be a package marked with a green square (possibly i386) - mark it for being removed completely and apply the changes.

I is a really strange package - when installed from the Ubuntu Software Center it triggers a secondary installation process of a different version of the program which is not available from the Ubuntu Software Center and not seen by it.

However the above method will remove it.

harlie
September 4th, 2014, 03:02 PM
thanks I will give it a shot it may also remove another stubborn and non working package I have not been able to locate and remove.
harlie

harlie
September 4th, 2014, 03:19 PM
this worked great! I also got rid of two other unwanted and stubborn packages.
harlie