PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] How to get back the up arrow for ejecting removable media?

peyre
August 13th, 2014, 06:04 PM
On some of my Xubuntu installs, Thunar shows an up arrow next to removable media that lets me unmount or eject the media with a single click--thumbs up, Xubuntu team, that's a real convenience! (See ITUNIT2GB in the pic here)

But on some of my other Xubuntu installs, it doesn't show the arrow; I have to right-click on it and then select Unmount or Eject. It's not terrible being without it, but that up arrow is a handy feature and I kind of miss it when I don't have it. Does anyone know how to get it to show up in Thunar?

ajgreeny
August 13th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Does it relate to different versions of Xubuntu or thunar, or are you not sure?

peyre
August 13th, 2014, 08:52 PM
I should've thought to mention that before: I have three installs currently running, and all are Xubuntu 14.04. I think they should all have the same version of Thunar, but I can't check them all right now. The one I can check right now is one without the up arrow, and it's running Thunar 1.6.3.

One pattern I potentially see is that the one with the up arrow is a fresh install, whereas the other two are upgrades from previous versions. Those machines have had the up arrow in the past, but don't now. One thing though, I don't want to reinstall from scratch just to get the up arrow back.