PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] No notification icons

Keith_Schnakenberg
August 12th, 2014, 04:40 PM
I just installed Ubuntu Gnome (14.04) on my new machine. Everything works beautifully with one exception: I cannot see any notification icons in the top bar -- only the sound and power off icons. In Unity (and in the Gnome Shell when I used it on Fedora a couple of years ago) I would have icons for Dropbox, Empathy, Evolution, and so on. There is also no menu that appears if I right-click on the top bar, so I don't have the ability to add things to the panel in that way.

What can I do to get those icons to show up in the notifications area?

Frogs Hair
August 12th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Hello Keith_Schnakenberg

What desktop are you using, Flashback or the Gnome-Shell ? In the shell or classic additional panel items are added via extensions. To access the panel menu in flashback use Alt + Right Click or Super Key + Alt + Right Click.

I have the shell installed in Ubuntu and the Dropbox indicator appears on the bottom panel and is visible when the cursor is moved to bottom right.

https://extensions.gnome.org/

Keith_Schnakenberg
August 12th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Oh dude, I just now dragged my mouse to the bottom saw the bottom panel. I was thinking it was supposed to show up on the top panel but now I see what's going on. I'll mark this "solved" even though there was never really a problem other than me not understanding how to use my new desktop environment

Thanks!