PDA

View Full Version : ATI RADEON 7670m Display Drivers not working

Ekwinder
August 12th, 2014, 04:45 AM
I am unable to install propriety drivers for my ati radeon 7670m dual graphics with intel hd 4000.
What have i tried so far -
1. i tried to go to additional drivers and select the propriety drivers options. But when after installation i do the aticonfig --initialize it says not supported adapters detected. and when i restart i get graphics, input devices not functioning properly error
2. i also tried to delete all the fglrx software and then install using the terminal, same problem occured.
3. then i manually downloaded the latest beta drivers from AMD site. the drivers' release documents showed that it had support for my hardware hd 7670m as well as for ubuntu 14.04. but when i tried to install the driver using a gui method i got 'this driver is not compatible with your card'

My system is currently using the open source ATI drivers. but my system info - graphics show only intel graphics.
Moveover, my system seems to be running a bit slow than it is supposed to be on ubuntu i guess. it is running perfect on Windows 8.1(dual boot).
my system config is i5, 4 gm ram, 1 tb ubuntu 14.04 64 bit