PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem installing ttf-mscorefonts-installer

william44
August 6th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Im trying to install this program but when I do i get this message

Failure to download extra data files

The following packages requested additional data downloads after package installation, but the data could not be downloaded or could not be processed.

ttf-mscorefonts-installer

The download will be attempted again later, or you can try the download again now. Running this command requires an active Internet connection.
Then when i run the action I get this message
Data files for some packages could not be downloaded

The following packages requested additional data downloads after package installation, but the data could not be downloaded or could not be processed.

ttf-mscorefonts-installer

This is a permanent failure that leaves these packages unusable on your system. You may need to fix your Internet connection, then remove and reinstall the packages to fix this problem

oldos2er
August 7th, 2014, 01:04 AM
Try
sudo dpkg --configure -a If/when the EULA comes up, use the Tab and Enter keys to agree to it and continue the installation.

yancek
August 7th, 2014, 01:28 AM
I' m quite sure the EULA will come up and the default is NOT to accept so you do need to use tab to highlight to select Yes or OK.

william44
August 7th, 2014, 03:06 AM
I tried it and the prompt for the EULA didn't show up, it just starts another command line

yancek
August 7th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Which version of Ubuntu are you using?
What software are you trying to install that requires mscorefonts?
What is the 'it' you are referring to that you tried?
Do you have a working internet connection?

oldos2er
August 7th, 2014, 04:20 PM
I tried it and the prompt for the EULA didn't show up, it just starts another command line

That would indicate APT thinks there are no packages to configure. After you've provided the info yancek asked for, try
sudo apt-get install --reinstall ttf-mscorefonts-installer If there are any errors please copy and paste all the terminal output here.