PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I am getting a shaded screen , when i try to install ubuntu

pon2
August 2nd, 2014, 09:21 AM
Hi ,

I am new to ubuntu, in my computer i was using windows7 and ubuntu 12.10. when i worked in ubuntu 12.10 , more times my pc hanged and one time the screen fully crashed.

i was able to log in at windows 7 , but when i tried to login at ubuntu , it is not going inside, it is showing the shaded black and white screen, then i deleted the space alloted to ns2 and

now i put my ubuntu 14.04 lts cd , it is again showing me shaded screen and not taking me to boot menu

Pls help me , very urgent255209255209

Bucky Ball
August 2nd, 2014, 10:31 AM
Are you at least getting the options when you boot from the CD to 'Try Ubuntu' 'Install' 'Check for Defects', etc.? Is so, hit F6 at that screen, choose 'nomodeset' and proceed to the desktop with 'Try Ubuntu'.

Please stick with trying to get the 14.04 LTS version working as 12.10 has reached end-of-life and we no longer provide support for EOL releases.

If you say you've had screen crash problems for some time, are you sure this is not a hardware fault?

pon2
August 4th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Thanks for your reply sir, it is not asking anything , when i try to reboot. i installed 14.04 LTS version , but when i try to install ns2.35 [network simulator] it is showing error, most of the people said for ns2.35 it is better to go for 12.04 LTS version, so now i would like to replace my 14.04 with 12.04 lts vesion, so please so kindly tell me the way , i have 12.04 cd in my hand,

I am waiting for ur reply

Bucky Ball
August 4th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Just install 12.04 the same way you installed 14.04.

The support request described in the title of this thread is about your screen issue. If this is resolved and you are now wanting help with ns2.35 [network simulator] instead, please post a new thread with a title that describes that problem.