PDA

View Full Version : Need help installing Qtstalker

dunn2
August 2nd, 2014, 12:21 AM
I have no idea why this doesnt want to install. :-s

claracc
August 2nd, 2014, 09:11 AM
More information is neede in order to help.

What are your harware specs?, and what ubuntu release are you running?, graphics card?. what way are you using to install the program and what is the error returning?

In ubuntu 12.04 package qtstalker is in repositories and can be installed from synaptic package manager or from xterm with command line
sudo apt-get install qtstalker.

dunn2
August 2nd, 2014, 12:21 PM
More information is neede in order to help.

What are your harware specs?, and what ubuntu release are you running?, graphics card?. what way are you using to install the program and what is the error returning?

In ubuntu 12.04 package qtstalker is in repositories and can be installed from synaptic package manager or from xterm with command line
sudo apt-get install qtstalker.

E: Unable to locate package qtstalker

When i did that sudo line...............

I beleive i have an intel card.
Ubuntu 14.04
4gb
duel core something
d820

claracc
August 2nd, 2014, 07:18 PM
I think the software package qtstalker is in the universe repositories (at least in precise ubuntu).

Do you have the universe repository: free and open software maintained by community enabled, in you software sources?

dunn2
August 4th, 2014, 09:08 AM
yea

ysy2
November 14th, 2014, 03:32 AM
I am using ubuntu 14.04lts (just switch to from windows vista). I am not experienced with linux based systems. i have been trying to install qtstalker0.36 from source, but no success. i have tried pretty much everything, mainly i have followed the guidance on this forum:

http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-2107684.html

when i try to make qtstalker it gives me this output

cd lib/ && make -f Makefile
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/superman/Downloads/qtstalker/lib'
g++ -c -pipe -ffast-math -g -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/local/include/ta-lib -I. -o QuotePlugin.o QuotePlugin.cpp
In file included from QuotePlugin.cpp:22:0:
QuotePlugin.h:26:30: fatal error: qnetworkprotocol.h: No such file or directory
#include <qnetworkprotocol.h>
^
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [QuotePlugin.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/superman/Downloads/qtstalker/lib'
make: *** [sub-lib-make_default] Error 2
superman@superman:~/Downloads/qtstalker$ g++
g++: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.

could someone please help?