PDA

View Full Version : Extra built-in display & mouse flicker - 14.04 Trusty Tahr

mathguy196
July 28th, 2014, 08:59 PM
I upgraded to 14.04 Trusty Tahr a few days ago on my HP Envy 17 laptop and all went well except that my display settings got a bit screwed up.

I have a dual-monitor setup, with my monitor on the left and laptop screen on the right. Before I upgraded from 13.10, the launcher was on the external monitor and everything was dandy. After upgrading to 14.04, an extra 'built in display' appeared in System settings and my mouse started flickering. Here are the display settings:

I haven't isolated an event that causes it yet, but sometimes I get the "ubuntu internal error" popup and the source of the error is in Compiz, which probably has something to do with it.

Where is the light blue display coming from and how can I get rid of it? How can I get rid of the mouse flicker?

gsoundsgood
July 29th, 2014, 01:45 PM
I saw this happening on an Asus laptop. Simply turning off the new (effectively non-existant) "built-in display" in the settings page (the one you have opened in your screenshot) solved the mouse flickring issue. Don't know what caused it, but the problem disappeared.