PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 14.04 still not available in my Ubuntu 12.04 Update Manager,why?

rodel_catajay
July 28th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Posted also some comment in OMGUbuntu site,I was informed that server for Philippines (DoST-Asti) is a week behind. Why? I checked the Lunchpad link, the Utopic unicorn is a week behind, buth Trusty Tahr is updated, can't figure it out,kindly enlightened me on this. Will that server be updated anytime this week? How these things work?

-rodel-:p

buzzingrobot
July 28th, 2014, 04:11 PM
You'd probably need to contact the mirror operators to determine what their update schedule is, and if they're currently having problems of some kind.

You could change to a different mirror. If you launch the "Software & Updates" application, you can click on the dropdown arrow at "Download from ....". Next, click on "Other..." and you will be able to select a new mirror. You can do that manually or click "Select Best Server" to let the app rank mirrors based on response time (can take a few mimutes). Note that this seems to select a server based on how fast pings return, not on how uptodate its packages are.

deadflowr
July 28th, 2014, 05:35 PM
FWIW, I still don't have the option either, using the default US repos.

Also, "software and updates" wasn't part of 12.04, so looking for that won't help.
Instead, open the update manager and go to "settings".
It's the same thing.

ibjsb4
July 28th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Be aware of this

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2236638&p=13084976&viewfull=1#post13084976

rodel_catajay
July 29th, 2014, 01:36 AM
thanks for that info. i just feel good having support from fellow users.

rodel_catajay
July 29th, 2014, 01:37 AM
thanks.