PDA

View Full Version : Installation Ubuntu

kylian2
July 28th, 2014, 01:12 AM
Hi guys and girls, I'm pretty new in this forum, so approciate if I am wrong.

My problem is when I hit "Ubuntu 14.4.1 Install" everything is going fine untill I'm at the "copying files" section. It goes to a quater and then BOOM a message appears that is saying "Failed to copy files from CD-Rom" I said something in that way. I'm frustrating now, I love Ubuntu, because my pc can handle Windows 7 Ultimate barely it's a bit slow.

So please help me.

P.S: Windows does strange, he's saying that I can't connect with my WIFI so I ain't able to download more ISO's.

Thanks for reading! Have a great day/night! ):P

yancek
July 28th, 2014, 01:24 AM
Could you post some information on your hardware such as processor, RAM, graphics card?
Did you check the minimum hardware requirements for Ubuntu 14.04 before downloading?
Did you do an md5checksum on the downloaded iso file? Instructions should be on the download page.
Do you now have windows 7 installed on this computer?
How many partitions do you have on the hard drive? Or how many hard drives/partitions do you have?

kylian2
July 28th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Ram is 1GB, Processor is Intel Core Duo , and Graphics card is Nvidia Geforce. I did check the minimum requirements and they and they where fine. Also, I'm using the 12.04.1 version because Ubuntu 14.04.4 won't start, it got to booting/start up but when the loading logo stops it shows a bunch weird colors

kylian2
July 28th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Ram is 1GB, Processor is Intel Core Duo , and Graphics card is Nvidia Geforce. I did check the minimum requirements and they where fine, I also tried Xubuntu and THATS light weight and I had the same problem