PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install adobe flash player for Mozilla firefox

rossdotcom
July 24th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Hi there,
I am a relative newcomer to Ubuntu 14.04n and so far I am finding it great. However I need to install adobe flash player for Mozilla Firefox, I have downloaded the required file: install_flash_player_11_linux.i386.tar.gz - however I do not know how to install it etc ... any help will be gratefully received.
Kind regards
Phil Ross

deadflowr
July 24th, 2014, 09:23 PM
You should disregard that file and instead instead flash via ubuntu software center.

Ubuntu comes with a program called Software Center, open it and do a search for flash.
Adobe Flashplugin should appear, or something called flashplugin-installer.
Install that program, the one called flashplugin-installer.
What it will do is install a package which then get the flash plugin directly from Adobe and install it.
From then on, anytime a new version(albeit not really a new version, but anytime a fix comes out) you will get it with all of your other updates automatically.

Hope this helps.

sp40140
July 24th, 2014, 10:21 PM
To add: If you don't already have it installed, install synaptic (package manager). and launch it. It is richer version of software center. And you should look for ubuntu-restricted-extras from it. along with flash, it will install few other useful applications.

Cheers,

rossdotcom
July 31st, 2014, 08:29 PM
Thanks so much guys - all now working fine
Phil Ross