PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP and Internet Explorer 8 - How to Replace?!

sam-c
July 23rd, 2014, 07:55 AM
Windows XP and Interenet Explorer 8 - How to Replace?!
I have Asus Netbook with ubuntu and Windows XP and I discovered that it Has Internet Explorer 8!
Also mant Public Computers use W-Xp and IE8!
Your Help or Experience
Thankx
Uncle Sam::mad:

/ADM
July 23rd, 2014, 09:52 AM
Your question is not very clear, but why not just install Ubuntu over Windows XP? A USB CD Drive will work if the netbook has no Optical Drive itself. If this is support, it probably should go in the support section and not in the cafe..

grahammechanical
July 23rd, 2014, 01:44 PM
The last comment in this link made me laugh.

“To this end we recommend that if you use Windows XP you download Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to operate our solution effectively,” FNB said.

FNB = First National Bank.

http://businesstech.co.za/news/general/63623/fnb-pulls-the-plug-on-internet-explorer-8/

Remember, the days when a person could only access a Bank's web site if using IE? If I didn't laugh, I would cry.

Regards.

sudodus
July 23rd, 2014, 03:30 PM
The solution depends a lot of how you intend to use the computer.

My general advice for a netbook would be Lubuntu 14.04 LTS or Xubuntu 14.04 LTS - try both live, and install the flavour that you like the best.

You wrote Asus netbook - do you mean eeepc or something more powerful? Please specify the computer

- Brand name and model
- CPU
- RAM (size)
- graphics chip/card
- wifi chip/card

and it will be possible to give more specific advice.

coffeecat
July 23rd, 2014, 05:05 PM
Please explain exactly what it is you are asking. Whatever it is you are asking, this thread does not belong in the Cafe, but because I have no idea what you are asking, it is not clear where the thread should be moved. "How to replace" belongs in a support section. "What to replace with" belongs in Ubuntu, Linux and OS Chat. What does Internet Explorer have to do with whatever your question might be?

stalkingwolf
July 24th, 2014, 01:06 PM
i have an asus net book as well as 2 hp minis all run mint 13 mate with ease.