PDA

View Full Version : Teamviewer 9 disconnects after about 10 seconds?

raistlin_kell
July 22nd, 2014, 03:45 AM
Question - Has anyone noticed that Teamviewer 9 (free version) is disconnecting after about 10 seconds of perfect connectivity? I've this week upgraded my laptop and PC's at home to 14.04 (server ed as all machines have RAID primary drives inc laptop).

I also upgraded a friends laptop (from broken ******* to 14.04 AMD64 desktop ed) and use Teamviewer 9 to provide some remote assistance. Even that is showing me a ~10 second disconnect then a mandatory 10 minute wait between reconnecting.

i know what the Teamviewer manufacturers would say "You can upgrade to the commercial edition for 1 million dollars" (pinky held close to mouth with smug look on face).

just wondering if anyone else using Teamviewer has noticed this

waterlubber
July 24th, 2014, 04:15 PM
I don't reccomend TeamViewer, it's laggy and insecure to a degree.
I do reccomend something called VNC, the server is your comptuer itself. Just duckduckgo "VNC server" and "VNC Client"
You do need to port forward.

raistlin_kell
July 26th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Know about VNC and its variants. I prefer TV for Remote Desktop as it doesn't need any router ports forwarded. I don't like how TV prefers UDP packets and suspect this may be the reason why it disconnects over thin high latency pipes like sat comms

rv_happy
July 29th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Been using Teamviewer 9 for well over a month on Xubuntu 14.04 without problems. It kicks you off after a period of inactivity, but we're talking 10-15 minutes not seconds.

mark159
August 21st, 2014, 10:41 AM
Hi Raistlin_kell

ive also the same issue thats just happened in the last few weeks. Did you ever find a solution to this problem ?

thanks
Mark