PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Gnome Classic (Flashback) and panels in Trusty

cscj01
July 20th, 2014, 11:15 PM
I run Precise 12.04.4 using Gnome Classic (No Effects). My bottom panel has my menus (Applications and Places) as well as my quick launchers. My running applications show in my top panel. Will I be able to keep the same Desktop configuration when I upgrade to Trusty 14.04.1 at some point shortly after July 24? Also, is there a list somewhere of applications that run on Precise that also run on Trusty or the converse of that?

grahammechanical
July 21st, 2014, 01:33 AM
Select a category (Apps Department and then compare Available Versions.

https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/

In 14.04 + Unity we install gnome-session-flashback. Do not install Classic as that is a Gnome 3 shell extension. Are you sure that Applications, Places are in the bottom panel? Are they not in the top panel and running applications in the bottom panel?

I have just checked my Gnome Flashback (Metacity) session in Utopic Unicorn and Applications and Places are in the top panel and the running applications are in the bottom panel on the left. On the right of the bottom panel are the four workspace icons.

There is also a Gnome Flashback (Compiz) session that is the same.

Regards.

cscj01
July 21st, 2014, 03:40 AM
First, thanks for the link. Second, it always installs that way, but I have always exchanged the top and bottom panels.