PDA

View Full Version : Disable unity multitouch gestures

Brandon_MacEachern
July 20th, 2014, 10:06 PM
My trackpad on my MacBook Pro is starting to go, and for now I'd like to disable all unity's 3 and 4 finger gestures completely as they keep accidentally triggering 3 and 4 finger taps. In OS X I can simply just disable these extra gestures in the preferences, and I can at least use the trackpad normally with no tap to click functionally at all, including all multitouch gestures.

In Ubuntu I can't find it. I was able to use synclient ClickFinger3=2 to disable the 3 finger tap gesture, but I can't figure out how to disable the 4 finger tap gesture.

Brandon_MacEachern
July 21st, 2014, 04:42 PM
Soooooooo, is this not actually a thing I can do? Or did someone in programming forget to actually make this a preference and I need to now know coding for this too?

mattgif2
July 31st, 2014, 04:30 PM
Hey Brandon - I asked the same question a month or so ago in this thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2225634&p=13040686#post13040686), and got no useful replies. My subsequent noodling with synclient settings hasn't yielded any useful results. I'm thinking there is no way of doing this without a lot of hacking around. Very frustrating.