PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Clickondashalliconsonscreen flashcontinuouslyscreenislocked

nu2u904
July 19th, 2014, 04:35 PM
u14.04; hpz400 workstation.On two occassions clicking on dash all-icons on-the-screen: in-dash, in-launcher, in-panels to blink continuously and the screen-to-lock ; can access-console terminal; can-only-recover by using alt+sys r e i s u b sequence to-reboot safely.
[hyphens used because space won't-work consistently]

nu2u904
July 20th, 2014, 01:09 PM
u14.04; hpz400 workstation.On two occasions clicking on dash all-icons on-the-screen: in-dash, in-launcher, in-panels to blink continuously and the screen-to-lock ; can access-console terminal; can-only-recover by using alt+sys r e i s u b sequence to-reboot safely.
[hyphens used because space won't-work consistently]

One-additional-insight; On a reboot just before the login-screen i-get-message unable-to-open /usr/sbin/l1atc1 and also in-blue unable to find-disc xxx and message disappears-before-i-can-finish reading it.--in-what-log-file-can-i-finds-this message?
In using-console-terminal-what-command-sequence-can-i-use-to recover GUI?

nu2u904
July 22nd, 2014, 06:16 PM
I could not find a relevant system log. Are any logs active at this time? Also I now can't truly recover from suspend by hitting any key or key combo. Can use magic sequence to reboot. Can' find any help from ubuntu books. Any suggestions?