PDA

View Full Version : Applications launched via keyboard shortcut open behind active window

diqrtvpe
July 16th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Hi all, I just installed 14.04 on my work computer, and have noticed that whenever I use a keyboard launcher shortcut (such as ctrl+alt+f for Firefox) the new application opens behind the currently active window. It also appears at the end of the application switching list, behind even minimized applications. The behavior I expect is for the new application to be on top, rather than buried. I searched around a bit, and I haven't found anyone else talking about this, so maybe it's just a bug for me? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: A little bit of further investigation shows that it is in fact just Firefox that launches this way. Terminals opend with ctrl+alt+t open on top as normal, just the browser opens like this.

mc4man
July 17th, 2014, 01:53 AM
I would say opening FF from a custom keyboard binding works fine here, ie., in focus & on top of other open windows except -
If there is another open instance of FF not currently in focus. In that case it opens in focus but under any other open windows.