PDA

View Full Version : Odd things we do on sites:

slooksterpsv
July 8th, 2014, 07:01 AM
Whenever I read posts on this and I see someone's suggestion - knowing it's good, correct, or works - I keep wanting to +1 it like in G+, but there's no +1 on here. It's only on the askubuntu.com website.

What other quirks have you tried to click on on a site, only to realize that that's not a part of the system, board, service, etc.?

Ahh another one, is trying to inspect elements on flash objects, yeah that doesn't work.

Buntu Bunny
July 9th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Kind of like wanting to "like" something when it has nothing to do with facebook? Most folks simply add a post to the thread with

+1

No tallies, but readers get the idea.

ibjsb4
July 9th, 2014, 09:19 PM
+1

slooksterpsv
July 9th, 2014, 11:56 PM
I did it again looking for the button for [+1] so +1 to that. Hahaha

nerdtron
July 10th, 2014, 07:06 AM
I did it again looking for the button for [+1] so +1 to that. Hahaha

Your avatar really likes to +1 so I'd give a +1 to that.

at_first_light
July 16th, 2014, 07:44 AM
On some sites I find myself scrolling up to the top of a post after reading/looking-at it so I can upvote only to realize, wait second this isn't Imgur.

redbikemaster
July 17th, 2014, 01:37 AM
Once, when on these forums using my phone, I double-tapped a post to like it, then realized it wasn't Instagram.

slooksterpsv
July 17th, 2014, 05:52 AM
Hahaha, awesome! I tried pressing on my screen to scroll, I had been using my tablet and phone for too long the other day and yeah... my laptop isn't touch-screen.

coldcritter64
July 17th, 2014, 08:44 AM
... my laptop isn't touch-screen.
Yeah, but have you done the same to a desktop tower's LCD monitor ? ... damned tablets and touch-screens ](*,)

waterlubber
July 24th, 2014, 04:02 PM
+1 to that, oh no, my screen's smudged. Once I saw a YT comment that had a weird char that looked EXACTLY like a screen smudge. XD