PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing older version of Firefox then came in the system new.

casawyer
July 7th, 2014, 01:17 AM
I just reinstalled 14.04 and it has Firefox 31 installed, but the addon's I like to use don't work with it but do with Firefox 28. How do I install and change firefox from 31 to 28. I have downloaded the 28 but can't seem to get it to replace 31. Any help would be appreciated,

Dennis N
July 7th, 2014, 01:26 PM
You don't need to replace 31, both versions can coexist together. The keys to making this work are to use a separate profile and folder location for each. FF 31 can be left as it is, but the other needs to have a new profile created before it's first use, and then run with the options:

-P profile_name -no-remote

profile_name would be replaced by your chosen profile name. You would create a separate launcher to launch it with these options.

It is usually suggested in guides to put the second Firefox folder inside the /opt folder.

monkeybrain20122
July 7th, 2014, 01:36 PM
My system is fully up to date and it has Firefox 30, I went to Mozilla and it said "congratulations, you are using the latest Firefox. " How did you get Firefox 31?